New Literacies! New ways of being literate with plenty of teaching and student resources!
What more could we want for a feature-packed and fabulous episode?
Live from the Media Literacy Capital of the world! Welcome to the digital era, literate beings! And PLEASE help Save the Pacific Northwest Tree Octopus!
This week The Teachers Podcast covers a raft of items focusing and reflecting on the ways reading, literacy (and learning and teaching aimed at them) are ever evolving in the face of proliferating digital technology and the way it changes human intellectual activity!!!
- iTUNES Newsblast >> Kudos to those who have brought Teachers’ Podcast into the New and Notable category and Featured cateogry on iTunes
- Congratulations to our Teachers’ Podcast Family!
- Next episode look for much news from the Teachers’ Podcast Family mailbag- much to catchup on!- we have had lots of good news coming in from around the world! Thank you!
- Low-cost XO laptops to be sold in U.S. For two weeks in November, U.S. educators and others can buy the machines for $400 apiece, with profits funding laptops in developing nations From eSchool News
- Voters urge teaching of 21st-century skills
- Poll suggests ‘back-to-basics’ approach to education is not enough for nation’s citizens
- From eSchool News
- Background Info