Join Kathy and Mark for a stirring discussion as they continue to unveil the Teachers Podcast’s new initiatives for 2010 All of this in Part 2 of 52-53 episodes! We cover the ground of policy, vision and mandates as we debate and stir up the waters with DOE announcements, rumblings on ed tech with Karen Carter and see connections with President Obama’s community college funding to k-12. From a dynamic discussion of how virtual schools might lead the innovation so much needed in our schools, to sharing the excitement of new 21st century skills guidelines, this episode is action packed as always! And in the middle of it all…
NEWSFLASH-- A special contest is announced!
NOT TO BE MISSED… for sure!
The Teachers’ Podcast: More Ed Tech You Can Always Use Today and Tomorrow.
Make us the center of YOUR Ed Tech Universe!
Contact us at teacherspodcast ( @ ) gmail.com or comment here at the website. Produced and copyrighted by Transformation Education LLC, Gura and King, 2007-2010.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT – The Teachers Podcast iPhone App
e-Mail us to Enter the “Free iPhone App” Contest
Articles and Related Resources
- Use Technology as Game-Changer – Education Secretary Arne Duncan
- e4TN –
Tennessee’s virtual schools- they use Desire2Learn
- Virtual Learning example in TN:
Vital- at Putnam County TN
- Virtual Learning example in TN: Vital- at Putnam County TN
- Obama Announces Community College Plan- Pres. Obama article about community colleges
- ED’s new tech chief previews national plan (Karen Carter article)
- New Guidelines- Partnership for 21st Century Skills
- The web page: 2009 MILE Guide: Milestones for Improving Learning & Education- homepage
- The document 2009 MILE Guide
- Kathy will present a concurrent session on Technology, 21st Century Learning and Career Readiness.
- Desmond Conference Center for the Mid-Winter Conference